What is Parents Association?
Our Parent’s Association (PA) at Blackburn Lake Primary School consists of a group of dedicated parents who work together for the benefit of the school community.
The Parent’s Association provides the formal structure necessary to ensure effective organisation and action. They provide some important services to the school community such as:
- - Promoting a sense of community spirit within the school through the organising of parent and community functions and social events
- - Managing school fundraising opportunities
- - Providing an opportunity for parents to connect, make friends and learn more about what is going on at BLPS
- - Sharing the responsibility for the management of the Uniform Shop
- - Supporting new families to the school. For example, through the ‘Tears and Tissues’ morning tea
- - Promoting and supporting school banking
- - Organising and managing school stalls including, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Christmas stalls
- - Supporting Grade 6 Graduation
- - Looking for ways to improve the family and school partnership by meeting regularly with the school Principal
Please consider becoming a member. PA meets once a month. Some great friendships have been formed through PA and the kids love their parents being involved in their school. Meetings are advertised via the school newsletter.